https://clearcreekresources.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/10-ideas.png 1080 1920 Clear Creek Resources https://clearcreekresources.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/CCResources-1.png Clear Creek Resources2023-02-21 09:21:412023-02-21 11:06:0910 Ways to BLESS Your Top 5
10 Ways to BLESS Your Top 5
At Clear Creek Community Church we talk often about having a Top 5, which is simply a list of five people we are praying would come to faith in Jesus. We like to use the BLESS acronym as we think about how to intentionally engage our Top 5. BLESS stands for Begin with prayer, Listen, Eat, Serve, and Story.
But what are some specific and creative ways to BLESS your Top 5?
It doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are 10 ideas to BLESS the people on your Top 5:
- Throw a Spring Break BBQ or block party for neighbors, coworkers, or your kids’ teammates.
- Surprise someone with a thoughtful gift.
- Volunteer as a coach or team organizer for a kid’s sport team.
- Hang out in front of your house and say “hi,” to those who pass by. Pull weeds, water the grass, watch your kids play in the front yard, or just enjoy a beverage on the driveway.
- Invite someone to dinner. It can be simple and fun! For example, put some tables in the driveway, order some pizza, and enjoy a nice spring evening.
- Invite someone to serve the community with you at one of our Go Local Partners.
- Offer to go in on a delivery of mulch with your neighbor and work together on both flowerbeds.
- Organize a March Madness Bracket with prizes.
- Pass out baked goods (fresh bread, cookies, brownies, etc.).
- Host a game night (yard games outside, or board games inside).
God has put people in your life for a reason and sharing your faith with them doesn’t need to be intimidating. It can start as simple as showing someone the love of Christ and looking for opportunities to share with them the hope of the Gospel.